DACOMAT – Damage Controlled Composite Materials
The objective of DACOMAT is to develop more damage tolerant and damage predictable low cost composite materials in particular aimed for used in large load carrying constructions like bridges, buildings, wind-turbine blades and offshore structures. The developed materials and condition monitoring solutions will provide high tolerance for manufacturing imperfections and high capacity to sustain damages. This will enable large composite structures to be manufactured and maintained at low cost.
EU Fifth framework Research programme
- Design of bonded joints for various lightweight materials
- Material models for structural design using flexible and rigid adhesives
- Testing of long and short term adhesive properties for flexible and rigidadhesives
- Fire protection of bonded joints for marine applications
- Design, construction and testing of different AC’s from participatingyards